Simply Nikki Dance Studio is founded and operated by Nikki Valesky-Molter. She is an award winning dance veteran with over thirty-five years of performance and teaching experiences. Nikki's mission is to provide the highest quality dance education in a friendly non-competitive environment. She values each student's unique abilities and skill sets and does her best to highlight their most positive qualities. She believes in creating well rounded dancers while both on and off the dance floor. She strives to provide the most current dance curriculum focusing on proper techniques, terminology, etiquette, and professionalism. Class sizes are kept intimate and are taught by Nikki, with the help of student teachers. Simply Nikki Dance Studio has been open since 1993 and proudly continues to grow each season.
Simply Nikki Dance Studio offers a variety of courses to suit the needs of every dancer.
Classes suited for our younger or beginner students:
Pre-K Combination Class
Acro/Jazz Combinations Class (Levels 1 and 2)
Tap/Ballet Combination Class (Levels 1 and 2)
Classes suited for intermediate/advanced students:
Core Class I Flexibility
Core Class II Strength
Tumbling Clinics are held every other Saturday with guest gymnast instructor Meghan Coleman
Students are always placed by ability, then age. Nikki, as an experienced instructor will make the best recommendation for which class level your child is best suited for.
SIMPLY NIKKI DANCE STUDIO PRICING
First/Second Class - $8/Class
Third/Fourth/Fifth - Class $7/Class
Sixth and Above Classes - $6/Class
Specialty Thirty Minute Classes - $6/Class
Please call for pricing on Private Instruction or Specialty Group Intensives
EXAMPLES OF TUITION RATES
One Class - $32/Month
Two Classes - $64/Month
Three Classes - $92/Month
Four Classes - $120/Month
Five Classes - $148/Month
Six Classes - $172/Month
Seven Classes - $196/Month
The above are only examples and actual tuition rates will vary based on enrollment and discount incentives.
Simply Nikki Dance Studio offers three performance opportunities throughout the season. All performances are optional and require additional rehearsal time. We encourage all students to participate, but never discriminate against those who choose not to.
Our winter showcase currently takes place at the Greensburg Garden and Civic Center. It averages a one hour run time and includes routines pertaining to the Christmas and Winter Holidays. Our winter showcase is a more intimate, family based performance. Costuming and staging is kept to a minimum to be as cost effective as possible during this time of year. All students will be given the chance to perform, however, if your child is enrolled in multiple styles they may not perform in every style for this particular show. We host a separate Christmas party for our dancers as a thank you for their hard work and dedication.
Our spring showcase is performed at the prestigious Palace Theatre located close by in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. This performance takes place each June typically the third Tuesday evening of the month. As our studio continues to grow and mature, our showcases have followed with a running time of approximately 120 minutes, including intermission. Our spring showcase is known for being artistic, energetic, and unique, but most importantly professional grade. You can expect your child to be exposed to all the performing world has to offer, including custom music, costuming, choreography, lighting, staging, hair/make-up, and so much more. Each student receives a trophy during our awards presentation for our true appreciation for their commitment over the season. We promise to deliver an experience that will be memorable for both dancer and parents.
The IDLEWILD Showcase of the Stars performance is the last performance of our season. The show runs only one hour in length and the rest of the day is yours to enjoy the park. The showcase typically takes place every year on the Friday nearest the 4th of July, however, our time slot changes with each performance. This performance is great for the entire family. It requires very little time and money as we take select pieces from our spring showcase to perform on the IDLEWILD stage. As an added bonus Nikki covers the majority of the performers' costs into the park and has tickets available for purchase at half price for their guests. This performance is worthwhile for everyone in the family.
Nikki Valesky-Molter Owner/Director
Nikki has over thirty-five years of dance training and teaching experience. She has studied with local and international dancers. Some of her more local training includes Laurel Youth Ballet Theater, Point Park College, and Mercyhurst College where she majored in Ballet under Mary Price-Boday and Jay Kirk. Her talents earned her four consecutive invitations into the Vaganova Festival held at Point Park College as well as their International Summer Dance Festival. There she won four consecutive first place titles beating out dancers from around the world. In addition to this honor, she holds numerous other first place titles for her performances all along the coast. Although a talented dancer with limitless possibilities in the performing world, Nikki took her talents and passion into teaching. With no money and no clientele, she opened Simply Nikki Dance Studio in 1993 in hopes of influencing a new generation of dancers. She has been influencing children for over twenty years now, and continues to grow each season. Nikki is a constant student herself and continues to perfect her teaching techniques and dance vocabulary by attending local conventions, performances, and workshops and encourages her students to do the same. Nikki continues to run the day to day business as well as instruct and choreograph for all of her classes. In addition to her full time role as business owner, she is most importantly a loving wife and mother to her five beautiful kids.
Sydney Molter - Guest Assistant Teacher
Loretta Valesky - Fundraisers/Accounts Management
Tracy Stull - Administration/Fundraisers/Accounts Management
Krystal Spino - Programs/Website
Meghan Coleman - Freelance Gymnastic Trainer, Guest Instructor
Please read over the following policies and procedure with your child and make sure you understand and agree to them before signing your registration forms.
* A registration card and packet must be completed and signed for every student before enrollment is fulfilled. There is no charge for registering
* A new registration card must be completed anytime a student's information changes.
* An initial trial lesson is available at no charge for each NEW dance style tried.
* All class placements are solely at the discretion of the Instructor and/or Studio Director.
* Each student is responsible for fundraising. This money can be earned several ways over the course of the year or paid out of pocket if preferred. Each student must have fundraised at least $30 by the end of one semester. Semesters are three months in length and run as follows September/October/November, December/January/February, and March/April/May. There will be no fundraising in the month of June. We strongly recommend earning $10 through fundraising, but of course you can always enact the buyout option. Again you can do this by adding an additional $10 to your payment each month or pay the entire $30 buyout at the end of the semester. In the event a dancer withdraws from the program while a semester is in progress the difference will be owed. (i.e. if a dancer does not return after the Christmas break they will still be responsible for $10 for the December). There are several different fundraisers going on each month and all fundraised money is split 50/50 between studio and family after you have met your fundraising obligation. Any money earned beyond $30 is yours to keep and can help you pay for costumes, shoes, tuition, or personal needs. Fundraising payments must remain current in order to maintain your position in classes and eligibility to perform.
Tuition and Payment
Monthly tuition is due on, or before the 7th day of each month, regardless of what calendar day the 7th falls
* Tuition is based on four (4) lessons per month. Variances average out over the year and compensate for observed holidays. Saturday rehearsals count towards these variances.
* A five dollar ($5.00) late fee will be automatically applied to all accounts where tuition is not received by the 7th of the month, regardless of what calendar day the 7th falls.
* Students may lose their place in class for any account sixty (60) day past due.
* A $20.00 fee will be applied to all returned checks or payments
* A discount of 10.0 percent will be given for all accounts where six months, or more, tuition is paid in full in advance
* There are no credits or refunds for missed lessons. Make-up lessons are available within 30 days except when there is not a thirty (30) day period remaining in the season. Make-up lessons can be taken in any class level of the same style.
* Make-up lessons are not offered 30 days prior to any studio performances.
* Credits will be issued for any lessons cancelled by the studio, unless a rehearsal time, which includes Saturday rehearsals, is scheduled.
* All accounts must be current for students to participate in the performance
* Payment options include cash/check.
* You may mail your payment to SNDS, hand in your payment to the receptionist if available, or place it in the secure lock box located just inside the studio doors. Late payments will be assessed fees regardless of method.
* Each students should strive for perfect attendance year round. For students to participate in any performances they must attend regularly.
* Notify the studio as soon as possible if a student will be absent from a lesson, please do not send this information via a third party! i.e. another student, text messages, etc.
* There are no credits given for missed lessons. Make-up lessons, of an appropriate level/style will be available up to 30 days after the date of the absence. Contact the studio for availability and inform the instructor that you will be attending the class.
* Long term absences (3 weeks or more) without prior notice will automatically forfeit a student's place in class
* The studio course schedule is subject to change without prior notice if and when necessary
* The dress code is to be followed by all students of SNDS at all times, no matter the dance level.
* Failure to adhere to the dress code can result in dismissal from class.
* All students are required to wear a body suit. If you come to class without a body suit on, you will not be permitted to participate in that day's curriculum.
* Dance style clothing is permitted over bodysuits, however no baggy clothing/ pajamas are permitted during classes at any time. Warm-ups are permitted only during the winter months during the warm-up routine.
* NO STREET CLOTHES OR JEWLERY ALLOWED
* Hair is to be securely pulled back. Bangs are not permitted on the face. Long ponytails need to be secured so they do not interfere with turns and other techniques. Buns are recommended for longer hair. Headbands are required for short hair styles.
* Proper dance shoes are required for all disciplines. Colors and styles will only be mandatory during performing seasons. Required styles will be available closer to performance dates.
* We Recommend The Dancer’s Closet for your dance wear needs.
General Conduct and Policies
* Simply Nikki Dance Studio enforces a zero tolerance policy for bully and harmful behavior. Engaging in such behavior will result in termination of your eligibility to attend classes and perform with the studio.
* Parents are only permitted to observe their child during their first class at the studio and on assigned observation days. Parent observation days are held on specific weeks at least once during each session.
* Some instruction and correction requires a "hands-on" approach. If a student should feel uncomfortable in a situation please schedule a meeting with Miss Nikki to discuss and correct the issue.
* The Studio/Director may choose to give a half-hour semi-private lesson if less than 4 students are in attendance for a lesson
* The Studio/Director/Instructor has the discretion to require that a student observe class if they are disruptive, wearing improper attire, or excessively tardy
* We request parent’s drop students off and return on time for pick-up. The waiting area is to be respected if staying on the premises. Any guest found causing issues or disrespecting our property will not be permitted to stay.
* Parking must be in an appropriate parking space if staying during drop off and pick up
* Please be prompt in dropping off and picking up
* For their safety no level PK-2 student is permitted out of the studio without a parent or guardian. Please come into the building for drop off and pick up.
* Ensure your child has entered the building and is welcomed by an instructor before leaving
* Gum is not permitted during lessons or on the dance floor at any time.
* Please refrain from bringing food and drink items (except water) into the studio unless permitted by the staff. Only students with full dance schedules are permitted to bring in properly sealed and stored food items. Students are responsible for cleaning up after themselves including all food items, eating areas, and containers.
* Be respectful place trash in the garbage cans, don't allow children to jump on the furniture, and pick up the toys in the lobby before you leave
* To promote a professional atmosphere we ask that all members of the studio help keep the lobby and dance areas clean
* All personal items (i.e. bags, shoes, clothes, etc.) should be taken home or clearly labeled and placed in the appropriate storage areas. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR STUFF ALL OVER THE FLOOR!
* Simply Nikki Dance Studio and its staff will not be held responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property or valuables
* Check for email and in site communications from the Studio frequently and respond promptly.
* The email address is for easier communication and is to be used for business related purposes only. Personal emails, forwards, or other abuses of the system may cause a temporary or permanent removal of your account.
* Any choreography learned by members is the sole property of the Studio and may not be copied or performed for any activity outside of the Studio without the Director's permission.
* Any performance music distributed to a student is the sole property of the Studio and may not be shared, downloaded, copied, or distributed to any persons, in any venue, or for any activity outside of the studio without the Director's permission.
* All imagery, including but not limited to, photographs and video recordings of the studio is the sole property of the Studio and may be used at the discretion of the Studio for advertising/promotional purposes.
* Starting August 29, 2011 Simply Nikki Dance Studio will be instituting a new policy to help ease confusion and make class time most beneficial to all of our students. We ask that parents/guardians no longer stop in with questions, comments, or complaints those few minutes between classes. Please speak with our receptionist, email, or call with any questions first. If a meeting with the director, Nikki, is necessary sign the sheet in the lobby to schedule an appointment.
* Starting Aug 29, 2016 Simply Nikki Dance Studio will be instituting a new code of conduct policy. All students in levels 3, 4, and 5 are required to sign a Code of Conduct contract and adhere to its terms. Failure to sign this contract will make you ineligible for lessons at the Simply Nikki Dance Studio. Please refer to the contract for specific terms and conditions.
Performance Policies and Information
* Every student has the opportunity to perform in each of our showcases; however participation is not mandatory. A performance contract must be complete by both parent and student to be included in the show.
* Students must be enrolled by September 30th to participate in the Winter Showcase
* Students must be enrolled by October 30th to participate in the June showcase
* Students may not miss more than 2 classes during the 6 weeks prior to the performance without permission from the Director
* Excessive absences, tardiness, and conduct issues may affect a student's eligibility to perform
* Instructors have the discretion to include or dismiss students from their pieces when and if necessary
* Dress rehearsals and Saturday rehearsal's are mandatory
* Parents are responsible for signing and submitting a costume contract with requested deposit before the student's costumes are ordered.
* Parents are responsible for all costume purchases as well as any accessories or shoes the student may need for the performance.
* Professional photographs will be available through the studio for anyone interested.
* Professional DVD's of the June Showcase are available for anyone interested.
* All performers are required to follow our separate Performance Policies and Procedures. These will be disclosed to performers only when pertinent or requested.
* In the event of any natural disaster or acts out of our immediate control we will do our best to re-schedule any and all performances. However, there is no guarantee that this will be possible. We appreciate your understanding.
Please click the link below to view our current course schedule:
2017-2018 Course Schedule
Simply Nikki Dance Studio
Fort Pitt Commons, Main Floor
711 Harrison Avenue
Jeannette, Pennsylvania, 15644
Monday 4:15 pm - 8:30 pm
Tuesday 4:15 pm - 8:15 pm
Wednesday 4:15 pm - 8:30 pm
Thursday 4:15 pm - 8:30 pm
Friday 4:15 pm - 5:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (Seasonal)
Saturday Classes with Meghan